The FHH Academy also offers watchmaking experiences for you to step into the complicated world of watchmaking…
Our workshops provide the opportunity to discover the intricacy and skills required for Fine Watchmaking. From gears to springs, from escapement to the sprung balance, each movement component is taken apart, then reassembled. Guided by professionals, participants handle a mechanical movement exactly as a watchmaker would.
Our conferences, with their short format, treat a variety of watchmaking topics, making them dynamic and accessible to all types of public. Discover the mechanics of a watch, identify the watchmaking trends of the year or learn about the secrets of the history of watches by plunging into our conferences...
Under the guidance of watchmaking professionals, this workshop immerses you in the world of the infinitely small. From gears and springs to the escapement and balance wheel, you’ll have the opportunity to take apart and reassemble a watch movement. And you’ll experience the thrill of getting a mechanical watch to tick again!
Our workshops last 3.5 hours. Dates, venues and inscriptions can be found here.
Workshops can also be privatized for private events. For more information, please contact us.
The FHH Academy organizes conferences on a theme of your choice for a private event. Short and concise, our programs cover a variety of watchmaking topics, these conferences are dynamic and accessible to all types of public. Discover the mechanics of a watch, identify the watchmaking trends of the year or learn about the secrets of the history of watches by diving into one of our conferences…
- History and watchmaking culture through the centuries
- Operating secrets of a mechanical watch
- Discovery of the watch exterior and its materials
- Aesthetic finishes and movement decorations
- Introduction to complications
- Chronograph watch: the accuracy of a second
- Calendar watch: from the display of the date to the Moon phases
- Timezone watch: the correct time worldwide
- Tourbillon watch: the top of watchmaking art
- Iconic watches
- Spotlight on the watchmaking trends of the year